LATUPO stands for high-quality products and sustainability in the supply chain. To remain economically successful and at the same time fair and responsible – that is what we demand of ourselves and our suppliers and partners, in line with the motto “Acting for tomorrow”.
Here are a few examples:
- We ensure compliance with social standards in the production countries through regular factory audits conducted by our own and external neutral inspectors
- Further development of our products in close cooperation with suppliers and continuous safety tests to ensure high quality
- Most of our wood products come from sustainable forestry (FSC®)
- Our transport vehicles have an electric drive system
- We also try to keep our energy consumption (for our facilities in Hamburg we use electricity from renewable energies) as low as possible
- The internal use of water dispensers for staff and guests saves transport and disposal costs compared to the delivery/use of beverage bottles
LATUPO is a member of amfori, an association of more than 2,000 companies that have made it their goal to make global trade more socially aware and environmentally friendly.
The amfori BSCI initiative (Business Social Compliance Initiative) is specifically concerned with the continuous improvement of working conditions in the production countries and supports companies and their suppliers in many areas in order to facilitate a socially acceptable supply chain.
Based on a common code of conduct, LATUPO is also committed to actively support the goals of the amfori BSCI and to take the values and standards into account in its trading activities.
The objectives and requirements of the amfori BSCI include:
- Improvement of social standards in the supplier countries
- Compliance with all applicable national laws, minimum industrial standards, ILO and
- UN conventions and all other relevant legal provisions
- Prohibition of child labour and forced labour
- Payment of the statutory minimum wage and compliance with the requirements for working hours, overtime regulations, etc.
- Ensuring health and safety at work Compliance with country-specific legal requirements in environmental and safety matters
A complete overview of amfori’s requirements and objectives as well as further information can be found at www.amfori.org .